Will the first person who wants to look her age please step forward!
We can all remember, as children, our desire to be older than we were. This memory was rekindled this past holiday season when I talked to a young niece I hadn’t seen in a couple of years.
Taking a stab at her age, I asked, “Are you four, yet?”
Her response was quick and emphatic…”I’m four and a half!”
That response reminds me of a basic truth. While the very young desire to be seen as older than they are, the reverse is true of adults. Most of us really don’t desire to admit to our age. We reluctantly resign ourselves to signs in our image of increasing age.
As we mature, our skin begins to lose the radiant look of our youth. And, that’s why, ever since the days of the Romans, when women used swan fat to soften wrinkles, facials have remained popular treatments at ANY Spa. In fact, facials are one of the best ways to take care of your skin.
In the hands of an experienced, knowledgeable esthetician, dull, tired-looking skin can be cleaned, exfoliated and nourished. The result is a clear, well-hydrated complexion that transforms the skin to a younger and more radiant look.
At Guyer Institute’s Synergy Spa, several types of facials are adminstered by our certified licensed esthetician Christina “Cricket” Hemp. If you haven’t had a facial before, the process is simple. Christina will first consult with you regarding your skin problems. This is followed by a skin analysis to determine your basic skin type. From there, a recommendation will be made as to what type of facial is recommended.
The following is a brief listing of facials offered at Synergy Spa:
- Classic Facial- very popular, this facial is a relaxing, deep cleansing treatment for overall improvement in the look of your skin
- Custom Facial-focused on your primary concerns about your skin, this facial combines with two or four additional enhancements available as add-ons
- High School Reunion Facial-perfect for ANY special event, this is our face-lift alternative.
- Breakout Facial-a facial that can help eliminate the underlying causes of acne.
- Gentleman’s Facial-this facial meets the needs and challenges of a man’s skin.
With a great facial from Synergy Spa, you may actually be proud to proclaim your age. And, maybe even add “a half” year to it!
– From The Guyer Institute Blog Team